background

Friday, September 21, 2012

Another Post! Copic Birthday Card

Hello Bloggers,

Well I did it, two projects completed in one day.  I've had a great day off from work spending time in my craftroom and not doing much of anything else but crafting!!

Tonight's post is a birthday card for my niece.  Three weeks ago, I was watching darlene003 on YouTube and she posted a copic coloring tutorial.  Well, I absolutely fell in love with the image as well as the techniques that Darlene used on the card, especially the 3-D like columns.  As soon as the video ended, I found the image, which btw is a Penny Black stamp...With Journal, and purchased it.  I couldn't wait to color it up following Darlene's tutorial.  I had to wait 3 weeks, but it was worth the wait.  I've never used so many copic markers on one card in my life!  Here's the link to her video as well as her blog post that lists out the marker colors that she used.  I pretty much followed her recipe.  It was very different not picking out papers and ribbon and flowers...

This image so reminded me of my niece and I especially love the Uggs.  I had gotten both of my nieces Ugg-like boots for Christmas last year, so this image is perfect.

You all have a good evening and I'll see you tomorrow with my next 30 day list.



Here's Darlene's video.  You've got to watch it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...