background

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Craft Room Redesign - Part 1

Hello Bloggers,

First off, I'd like to wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.  I've been MIA this past week, but have been super busy with part 1 of my craft room redesign. 

My original plan was to clear out and reorganize the closet and to also remove the wallpaper and repaint.  Well, I got the closet part done, but realized that a tag swap that I had joined back in November was due by January 15th, so I decided to leave the painting portion of the project until after I finish the tags for the swap.  I plan on working on those tomorrow and Monday (I already have the design planned out) and then will start ripping down wallpaper.  I have some days off planned in mid-January, so will finish up the painting at that point, until then, here are some pics of my closet reorg.


Before

My first challenge was to try to find room for all of the clothes in the closet.  Most were my summer work clothes, but since I now work 100% remote, most were not needed.  

One contractor bag of trash and two bags for good will, what I kept fit nicely into the dresser in my spare bedroom...

There's actually some craft supplies up there.  What's up with the bag of sticks?


During

Took all of one day, but...

...all cleaned out!


After

Yes, much better...  After much thought, I decided to go this route instead of installing shelving.  It ended up giving me tons more storage and it was much more economical.

These are closet units from Target.  This one is for shoes.  Note the ribbon in the background, I have them on a pants hanger.  Got the both ideas from Pinterest.

This unit is for sweaters and larger items.

Just some totes filled up with items that are not used regularly.  Everything was on sale!

Oh, and here's a sneak peek of part 2.  I've already started ripping wallpaper, so there's no turning back now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...