background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas-Tag 6

Hello Bloggers,
Well, just a few hours late, but I got it done and this one actually drew blood!  I had my doubts with this tag, wasn't sure I was going to like it, but after embossing with the clear powder, it all came together.  Here's the link to Tim's step-by-step instructions.  The results are very nostalgic and reminds of the 40's, or maybe the 50's.

I was lucky and had the Vintage texture face that Tim used.  I did not however have the metal tape he used.  This is where the blood comes in.  A while ago, I had purchased some artist grade metal sheeting at Dick Blick's and I used it for this technique.  While cutting it to the desired measurements, I inadvertently cut myself with it, not once, but twice!  Once it was embossed, painted, sanded, embossed again and mounted, it smoothed out, so it's no longer a hazard.

I did not have the embellishment Tim used, so I decided to use jingle bells.  I painted the larger one green with acrylic paint and them embossed with clear powder.  The smaller one was already red.  Instead of ribbon, I used some fibers that looks kinda' like tinsel. 

It's hard to get a good picture, it's very shiny and reflective.

You can just make out the curley-ques.  These are actually a happy accident that occurred when I was trimming the metal sheeting to size.  I decided to add them to the embellishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...