background

Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas-Tag 8

Hello Bloggers,

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend, wow, it goes by so fast.  As I had mentioned in my last post, I was severely struggling with tag #8.  The inspiration was Steampunk and of course Tim's tag is amazing, but I just wasn't feeling it.  I think part of it was that I had virtually none of the components to make the tag and I was bound and determined NOT to buy stuff to complete this journey. 

While I was out yesterday, I did visit AC Moore to replenish my supply of jingle bells and low and behold, there was the stamp that Tim used on the tag.  I picked it up, walked around and bit and then put it back.  "No, I'm NOT buying it just for this tag".  So, after a lot of pondering, I decided to use the inking technique he used along with the general theme, though not Steampunk in nature, definitely not " a typical Christmas themed tag".

Here's the link to Tim's step-by-step instructions.  I have to say, not my fave out of the bunch, but I did complete it and ultimately, enjoyed the adventure.

The stamp is "Winged Things" from Tim Holtz.  I followed the same process as Tim did on his tag but just used some various distress inks to color it up a bit.

I stamped "Christmas" on a adage ticket and distressed with the greens from the holiday inks.  I put lots of Rock Candy Distress stickles on the crown.

I did pick up the Plaquettes yesterday at AC Moore.  These are something that I will definitely use on other projects.  Plus, I had a 50% coupon!

Added some crystals and such from my stash.

1 comment:

  1. This may not be your fav, but I love it. Great job at sticking to using up your own "stuff".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...