background

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Faux Charcoal with Prismacolor

Hello Bloggers,

Hope you all are enjoying your week.  It's almost Friday, yay, and we're in for another snow storm tonight; another 5-10 inches.  I'd like to share a card I made a few days ago.  I saw this wonderful technique in a newsletter I receive each month from The Greeting Farm showing how to use your Prismacolor pencils, kraft cardstock and some orderless mineral spirits to color a stamped image to give a charcoal effect.  I absolutely loved it.  Below is my attempt and you can find the wonderful tutorial at Deconstructing Jen. It only involved 2 colors, white and black.  How easy is that!  I also followed a recipe she had included for the card.  Hope you like it and will give it a try.


Recipe:  kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink, Prismacolor pencils in white and black, all paper other that the kraft were scraps from my stash, flowers are cherry blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts and miscellaneous buttons and cording.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it. Now I must find out more about prismacolor pencils. I'll have to view the links. You do such GREAT work. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...