background

Sunday, October 21, 2012

My First Mixed Media Canvas

Hello Bloggers,

Happy Sunday.  I hope you're all enjoying your weekend.  It's a beautiful, autumn day here in the Northeast.  Today, I would like to share my first mixed media canvas, well not really a canvas.  I used a piece of heavy weight chipboard I had on hand.  

I was totally inspired by one of my YouTube subscribers, jennyhoildayandaaron.  Every Thursday they post wonderful mixed media tutorials/lessons and I watch each week and am simply amazed.  The past Thursday, they posted a "Dia de los Muertos" (Day of the Dead) project that I just had to try for myself.  I had purchased a stamp a month or so ago from Joann's and really wanted to use it, but wasn't sure what to do with it.  Well, this fit the bill.  I scaled it down and pretty much followed their tutorial.  It was so much fun and I'm happy with the result.


I fussy cut lots of flowers from the My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Howdy collection and broke out my real washi tape from Japan for the shirt, which I hand drew and cut out.  I typed out "Dia de los Muertos" on my computer and backed it on some watercolor paper.


Here's a shot of the stamp I used.  I got it from the $1.00 bin at Joann's.  


I colored up the image with my copic markers and pulled out some IamRoses to add.  I colored them up with some Lindys Stamp Gang.



1 comment:

  1. hi Tina! Oh this is fantastic!! We LOVE that you were able to tie in your stamp! Super FUN! Thanks so much for the kind words, we are so happy to share! And thanks so much for journaling along with us. We look forward to seeing lots more from you! Be sure to link up over on the blog each week! :)

    XO J&A

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...