background

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Halloween Projects

Hello Bloggers,

I've been busy with work and Halloween projects the last few weeks (mostly work).  I wish I had more hours in the day to devote to keeping my poor blog updated, but on this beautiful Fall day, I thought I would take the opportunity to post a couple of the projects I've been working on.

I've recently discovered a new love, like I really have time to devote to NEW techniques, but I really like Mixed Media techniques.  Instead of making traditional cards this Halloween, I decided to make tags and incorporate some of the new techniques I've learned.  I like all of the texture and colors it brings to crafting.



I love this little guy.  I used Mumford the Mummy (digi version) last year on some cards.  On this tag, I used some modeling paste and a stencil to get a brick wall effect.  I wanted it to look like he was busting out of the wall.  I was inspired by Prairie Paper and Ink and card she did last Halloween using the same stamp and having Mumford "breaking out" of the card.


I used some paper from Pink Paislee.  I got a kit early this year for a great discount at HSN


The little bats were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and then covered with a soft gel gloss medium and sprinkled with a bit of extra fine glitter.  I added some seam binding from my stash. 


I used a ticket from the Tim Holtz Odds and Ends collection and attached it with a tiny paperclip also from Tim Holtz.


I used a similar effect on this tag, but used different sprays to color the tag a nice, eery green.  The skull and stamped images are from the same Pink Paislee paper line.  I made the black lace flower with some lace from my stash.


The branches were cut from a Tim Holtz die and covered with a course pumice gel medium and then covered with lots of sprays.


This is a traditional card using Mumford the Mummy again, which by the way, was colored up with my copic markers.  I used assorted Distress Inks to color the background and used a Stampendous cling rubber stamp called "Crowscape" that I purchased last Halloween, but never used.


Is used another ticket from the same Tim Holtz Odds and Ends stamp set and attached it using my tiny attacher.  The skull was made from some grunge board and covered with black UTEE and stamped with gold ink.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...