background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Hello Bloggers,

I hope you all had an enjoyable Mother's Day.  While I wait for our Chinese food to be delivered, I thought I would post my Mother's Day projects that I completed this year.  One project I completed was a toilet paper roll mini album for my daughter.  I know, toilet paper?, but you use the tubes from the empty rolls, flatten them out, cover them with gorgeous papers and you have a mini.  I took about 17 pictures, so instead of posting all of the pics, I added a slide show to make it easier to view the mini. 

As I mentioned, this is for my daughter, who is a "step-mom" to the little girl in the mini.  I challenged myself to make this  a quick project and was able to get it complet4ed in about 7 hours or so (over a couple of days).  I hand cut most of the embellies right from the paper line, which is from Graphic 45, so that contributed to most of the time.

Hope everyone has a great week!



I got the inspiration for the gift bag from Paper Crafts magazine and the template is available at the following: www.dianagibbs.typepad.com.  I colored the  digital image in with my copic and used my nestabilities for the square and scallop.


 


I totally "lifted" this card from Paper Craft Magazine too.  Not only did I love the card, but I literally had every element needed to make the card, even the exact button.  The designer was Susan R. Opel and the card was on page 49 of the May/June 2011 issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...