background

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tags 11 and 12

Hello Bloggers,

Well, this is definitely "better late than never".  I've finally completed tag #12 in the 12 Tags of Christmas.  I also realized that though I had completed #11 back in December, I had never actually posted it, so tonight I thought I would share the last two tags.

Tag #12 was a recent completion.  I had started it in late December after Christmas, but finishing was delayed until I had completed my craftroom revamp.  When I saw this adorable digi image back in December, I knew I wanted to use it on this tag in place of the fractured doll that Tim used.  She is so adorable!
I was so fortunate that I was able to participate last year and that became even more apparent when Tim announced a few weeks ago, that 2011 was the last "12 Tags of Christmas", but fear not!  Tim will now be doing the 12 Tags of 2012.  
Without further ado, here's number 11 and 12.  You can also view all 12 tags HERE. Hope you all enjoy your evening.


Tag #12

Oh, how I love this tag.  This adorable digi image is from Saturated Canary Digis.  I did alter her a bit by cutting off her wings (ouch, I hope it didn't hurt too much) and replaced them with some clay wings that I made with some molds I got a while ago.  The image, which was colored with my copics,  was a sub for the fractured doll that Tim used (I'll tell you a secret, I really don't like those little dolls, shh), the rest of tag pretty much follows Tim's recipe.  Here are the step-by-step instructions if you're interested.  I did not have the tissue paper that Tim used, so I made my own.  I thing it came out pretty good!

Tag #11
This one was a challenge... I didn't have the glossy paper nor any of the stamps Tim used.  I ended up using photo paper and though the result is very similar to Tim's, using photo paper with inks is tough.  The photo paper inherently wants to absorb the ink, so there's not much time to blend the ink.  The embellies in the corner were made with shrinky dinks, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (aka UTEE) and a melting pot.  Since I didn't have a melting pot, I used an old fondue pot to melt the UTEE.  Worked like a charm.  Here's the step-by-step instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...