background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Diamond Fold Birthday Card

Hello Bloggers,

I've been inspired over the last few weeks by a couple of my favorite crafters who have been creating cards utilizing different folding techniques.  One in particular really struck my fancy and I decided to give it try.  There's a wonderful tutorial over at Creations with Christina on how to create the card.  My share for today is a birthday card for my hubby whose birthday is tomorrow.  I know, you're thinking a bit childish, but Barry (that's my hubby) LOVES monkeys!  I got the Changito Bday stamps by Stampendous on clearance months ago knowing I wanted to use it for his bday (I'm surprised I remembered I had it, lol).  It was fun to make and came together quite quickly.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and please take a moment tomorrow to remember all of those that lost their lives 10 years ago on 9/11.


I use the My Minds Eye Six by Six paper stack.  The collection is "Away We Go".

I liked how Christina used vellum for her sentiment, so I decided to do the same.  The monkey was colored with my copics, cut out with my Nestabilities and I used Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink to shade the background.

 
There's not a lot of room in the card for a sentiment, so I stamped, colored and cut out "Happy B-Day" from the stamp set and adhered them inside the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...